Specialty’s Cafe & Bakery – Kitchen Manager
Reports to: General Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Position Objective:
The Kitchen Manager leads the Back of House (BOH) team to meet or exceed company standards for product quality, kitchen timelines, systems adherence, food safety, and Cost of Materials.
- Serve as a “Brand Ambassador”, delivering the Specialty’s Extraordinary Experience to every guest and acting as an example for Team Members to model themselves
- Ensure kitchen timelines are met within company standards, and manage the guest experience as it pertains to the Back of House
- Food Quality Assurance – Strong product knowledge and commitment to Specialty’s standards and recipe adherence. Conduct daily product cu
- Manage Cost of Labor (COL) through effective execution of the daily labor schedule in the BOH, while complying with all state and federal Labor Laws (including applicable breaks and meal periods).
- Conduct Administrative functions including, but not limited to:
- Financial Awareness – Reviews P&L results with General Manager, and works with management team to create action plans for improvement of financial result
- Inventory Control – Assists General Manager with weekly and periodic inventory control systems as well as ongoing waste prevention and quality contro
- Food Safety – Maintains Food Handler’s certificatio Ensures Specialty’s food safety and workplace safety standards are practiced.
- Rollouts – assists General Manager to successfully roll out new items and or food labs to the team.
- Effective Coaching – Conduct succession planning 1-on-1s with Team M
- Experience Evaluation (BAR) audits – Participates in and ensures audit standards are me
- Ensures proper maintenance of equipment and facilities through the effective execution of Weekly Cleaning Ch
- Ability to work in all kitchen, production and baking position
- Create a positive, teamwork environment by promoting high morale and encouraging full Team involvemen
- Other projects/duties as assigned by the General Manage
- Operate within the guidelines of our Company value
Requirements & Education:
- Read, write and communicate effectively in English with all levels of the organizatio
- Physical requirements:
- Be physically able to work an eight (8) hour day or more while on your fee
- Climbing, reaching, walking, sitting, grasping, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing and a great deal of smiling.
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work standing up for sustained periods of up to 4 hou
- Represent the Brand by maintaining a professional appearance.
- 1-2 years of restaurant management experience, or 90 days in position within Specialty’s Café & Bake